The International Foundation for Electoral Systems (IFES) and the Republic Election Commission (RIK) collaborated to launch an outreach campaign to promote accurate and comprehensive information regarding COVID-19, through a PSA video, which aired across Serbia. A transcript of the video is available below.
Parliamentary, provincial, and local elections will be held on Sunday, June 21, 2020. In order to prevent the spread of the infectious disease COVID 19, it is necessary to adhere to the following recommendations:
- Arrive at the polling station wearing a protective mask so that it covers your nose, mouth, and chin.
- Avoid shaking hands and other physical contacts.
- When you are at the polling station, keep a distance of at least 1 meter.
- Only as many voters as there are voting booths can enter the polling station. It is desirable to disinfect hands before and after voting.
- At the polling station itself, the members of the polling station committee will wear protective equipment and respect the recommendation of keeping a distance of at least 1 meter. The premises will be ventilated.
- When establishing your identity, you need to take off the mask for a short time. Do it correctly, taking care not to touch the mask, but only the strips.
- After you cast your ballot, do not stay at the polling station.
During the voting process, follow the recommendations and protect yourself and others.